How excited was I to find out that Entertaining House had given this Sugar Doll award to me. Thanks so much. After a long and very busy few days, I am able to put some serious thought in to my answers. If you're not currently following Jess at The Entertaining House, be sure to read her blog. It's one of my favorites. She is truly a talented writer and is such a wonderful storyteller.
These are the rules of the game: the recipient must divulge 10 aspects of her/his life and/or personality; the giver should mention the person who bestowed the award (please re-read above) the receiver then passes this award on to 15 blogs she loves and finally notify the new "winners."
Here are 10 things about me:
1. Everyone always makes a reference to Bethany Beach when they ask me about my name. I was actually named after the college I attended because I am a 4th generation legacy of the school. Of course, once I got to college, people made up all kinds of stories about the story of my name, such as my parents conceiving me there ~ that didn’t happen!
2. Languages come very easily to me. I speak Spanish fluently and studied a Master’s Degree in Mexico. It was the language I used daily for 10 years. My French is passable and I understand Portuguese and Italian.
3. My favorite ice cream is butter pecan and my favorite cake is red velvet. Those two things would be served at my perfect party, but not eaten together! I’m also a huge fan of Boursin cheese on table water crackers.
4. I wanted to be an actress when I was little, among other things, and made my debut in a summer stock theater as Gretl in the Sound of Music when I was 6.
5. My sister never had chicken pox. On the other hand, I had a terrible case of the chicken pox while my mother was pregnant with my sister. I have always thought that I gave her immunity. HA!
6. I spent my senior year of high school as a college freshman because I had finished all of the courses that I needed to take and wanted to move on with life.
7. Mango chicken is my go-to recipe of choice for entertaining. Easy to prepare, but looks and tastes delicious.
8. If you ever see me in the car, I’ll probably be singing loudly to 80s music. Two of my favorites are “Don’t you want me” by the Human League and “Poison Arrow” by ABC.
9. I love the beach but have a love/hate relationship with sand.
10. Rome is next on my list of places to visit.
Disclaimer! I am actually going to break the rules on this one. I enjoy reading so many blogs, that I couldn't decide which 15 bloggers to tag for this award. So if you read this and are willing to share a little bit about yourself, consider yourself tagged. It's a true joy for me to read all of your blogs and get to know such a great group of preppy peeps.
P.S. You can find me on facebook now! There's a fan page for Maryland Pink and Green. Please become a fan of the page. I'll be posting special links and information there that wouldn't normally be included in a blog post.