Thanks so much to Sweet Southern Prep and Pink Champagne for this fun award.
The rules for this are simple. . . write 10 things about yourself and pass this award on to your favorite bloggers. You want to know 10 things about me? I feel a little strange and somewhat narcissistic writing 10 things about myself; I hope that I don't bore you, but here it goes.
1. My favorite type of food is probably Spanish. I love tapas and sampling many different dishes in one sitting without eating a ton of food. Manchego cheese, paella, Serrano ham. Mmmmmmmmmm.
2. The class I liked the least in elementary, middle, and high school was P.E. I disliked having to wear gym clothes and thought that they were so unfashionable. It was my biggest nightmare. I really disliked my P.E. teacher, too. He wore those terrible gym shorts that were way too short with the white piping around the edges. You know the ones, admit it! Now, my daughters now do Dance Dance Revolution at P.E. class! Oh, how things have changed.
3. On breaks from college, I worked in the local mall at The Limited and Express. Yes, I was the one who asked you if you wanted socks and a scrunchie to match your sweater. Just looking at this wall makes me think of the table where I would fold sweaters for my entire shift. You should see my closet now. I still can fold like a champ. Before you snicker, I have to tell you that this was a very highly coveted job at the time!
4. The most fun I ever had at a party I organized was a murder mystery party I hosted at my house. All of the guests knew their roles before the party and everyone came "in character!" It was a blast to find out who the "assassin" was.
5. My favorite color combination is orange and pink. Of course, I'm loving Lilly's pink and orange originals print.
6. Aside from books I enjoy reading at the beach that are "fluffy," my favorite kind of books to read are historical fiction or history-related. Yes, I'm a big history nerd and love to read about the past. My favorite is Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert K. Massie. I re-read this book at least once a year and learn something new every time. It's so fascinating.
7. I drive. Fast. My friend Johanna always asks me how I get to Baltimore so quickly. I just tell her that I am an "efficient" driver! It's also fun to ride with people who are equally efficient at the wheel. Of course, I'm a safe driver, especially with my minnies in the car, but I sure appreciate efficiency.
8. I'm on day 10 of the 30 minute shred and love it, even though it is SO hard. I'm putting this one in writing so that I stick with the program since I'm already seeing results.
9. Even though I wear a lot of color and love my Lilly prints, my decorating style is actually quite classic and conservative. I tend to prefer neutrals like beige, navy, and hunter green with the occasional splash of color.
10. I'm not afraid. Very few things scare me. Not new situations, not creepy crawly spiders or animals, not snakes. (Granted, I don't want snakes and spiders crawling all over me, but if I see them, it's not the end of the world. See scorpion story.)
Now for my 10 bloggers who are now tagged. . .
1. Vynuss Vision
2. All Things Southern and Preppy
3. The Entertaining House
4. Through Rose Colored Glasses
5. Summer is a Verb
6. Shopaholic in Alabama
7. Pretty in Pink Megan
8. It's a Golden Day
9. Legally Fabulous
10. Just Another Day in Our Midwest Paradise