I have been given the Happy 101 Award by the lovely Jess at The Entertaining House! I accept graciously. I love that my blog makes others happy. Hopefully, I bring a little happiness to my readers every day. If you haven't been by Jessica's fabulous blog you must run over immediately... well, as soon as you've finished reading this!
Thanks to Caroline at She Walks in the Woods who also bestowed this award on me! I'm so flattered and honored.
To accept this award, I must list ten things that make me happy, pass the award on to 10 bloggers, link and thank the person who gave the award to me (that would be The Entertaining House!) and notify the new recipients of the award.
Things that make me happy!
1. Getting a hug or a kiss from the Minnies for no reason and having them say, "I love you." It is my biggest joy in life.
2. Making crafts for other people. It's fun to make crafty things and it's even more fun to give them to teachers, friends, and family.
3. Warm weather ~ enough said!
4. Organizing and attending parties and gatherings of all types. From planning the decor and food to enjoying it with others, I love parties! The Martha Stewart in me really loves to be the hostess.
5. Gerber daisies, especially bright pink ones.
6. Traveling to new places. I love the sights, sounds, and smells of new places. The more exotic and different it is from my home, the better. Traveling and seeing the world has really given me an education that I never could have gotten from a classroom.
7. Accomplishing a goal. My entire life, I've always set goals. Some are tiny, some are huge mountains, some are short term, and some are long term, but there is really such a huge sense of accomplishment that I feel whenever I reach a goal, even if it is losing those stubborn 5 pounds. It gives me a real sense of pride and happiness.
8. Cooking food that is so good that my whole kitchen smells. I love it when people walk in the room and say, "OH, It smells so good in here."
9. Watching my minnies play together (nicely!) gives me a lot of joy. I am so happy that they have each other and love to see them care about each other.
10. Mint chocolate chip ice cream
And now I must spread the happiness and pass this on!
10 people who make me really happy are:
1. Anne Lake who always posts such pretty pictures
2. All Things Southern and Preppy who just gave me a great idea for the summer
3. Desperately Seeking Seersucker who loves dogs
4. Pink Green and Southern who had gorgeous Easter preparations
5. The lovely birthday girl, Queen Bee Swain
6. Shopaholic in Alabama who is beautiful on the inside and outside.
7. The Pink and Green Puppy, what is cuter than that?
8. Through Pink Colored Glasses because she has great fashion sense
9. Social Climbers who is oh so lovely in every way
10. Tartan and Toile had a very special Easter.
What makes you happy?