It seems that everyone wants a snack right after school. Sure, carrots and celery make a fantastic snack, but the reality is that if your children are anything like mine, chips make a much more attractive snack.
Don't feel guilty by giving them a snack bag of chips to eat! Make your own at home in less than 10 minutes. Even I have time for that.
The best part about this recipe is that even the smallest hands can help to make the snack.
1. Use a mandoline or other slicer to slice a potato into paper thing circles.
2. Put a piece of parchment paper on a microwave safe plate and place the potato circles on the plate in a flat layer. They should not touch or overlap!
3. You can sprinkle the potatoes with a little bit of salt, paprika, or Old Bay if you want.
4. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
5. Microwave for approximately 5 minutes.
6. Voila! You've got fast, easy, and grease free potato chips.
Older children can help slice with the mandoline and some safety tips while younger children will enjoy putting the potatoes on the plate.
I've got another recipe for kale chips that is SOOOOOOO good and you won't believe that it is kale! Even the pickiest eater will love it! Trust me.