Here are some of my do's for wearing yoga pants:
1. Wear yoga pants to go to the gym, yoga class, or other athletic activity. (duh!)
2. Invest in high quality fabric yoga pants (think Lucy and Lululemon) The fit is worth it and you'll appreciate the figure flattering advanced fabric. Lululemon hems yoga pants for free!
3. Yoga pants make excellent lounge wear, but be sure to lounge in other things, too.
4. Check yourself in the mirror in the dressing room in the poses that you will be doing while wearing the yoga pants. Make sure that the fabric of the pants is opaque and that the pattern of your underwear does not show through the fabric. (Several of the wine festival women were guilty of not checking this huge detail.)
5. Ditch the yoga pants to go to class if you're a student. Moms, don't wear yoga pants to your child's school on a daily basis. Ladies, as much as men probably appreciate a beautiful woman in yoga pants, let them know that you are a lady and wear dresses and skirts. Even jeans and a nice shirt are much more polished than yoga pants and are another comfortable option.
Of course I love my yoga pants; I just wear them at the right time. And to answer what I bet is running through your mind, yes, the more expensive yoga pants are absolutely worth the money. I used to buy inexpensive workout clothes thinking that it didn't matter, but trust me, there is a difference. Here are some of my favorites.
These are my new "go to" yoga pants! The Lucy power pants fit true to size and the best part is that they come in petite sizes that are perfect for my 5'4" height.
The Lilly Pulitzer Half Moon capris are also gorgeous and flattering, although they do run a size small. I had to order up in these.
What's your opinion in the great yoga pant debate? Do you like to wear yoga pants? If so, where?