Are you starting to think about Thanksgiving dinner? I'll be sharing some of my family's favorite Thanksgiving recipes during the next several weeks and hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.
My mother is famous for her delicious pies. Her pumpkin, pecan, and apple pies disappear immediately at a family event. The pumpkin pie is a blue ribbon winner at the County Fair.
Here's the tried and true recipe she uses for her Blue Ribbon Pumpkin Pie.
Frank Dell's Pumpkin Pie (makes 2 pies)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
4 heaping teaspoons of Coffee Mate non-dairy creamer
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
4 large eggs
1 can (29 oz.) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin (orange label can ... NOT the brown label can)
2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) Carnation evaporated milk
2 pie crusts (unbaked 9")
1. Mix the sugar, salt, Coffee Mate, cinnamon, and ginger in a small bowl.
2. Beat eggs (gently) in a large bowl.
3. Stir in the pumpkin and mix. Stir in the spice mixture and blend.
4. Gradually add the 2 cans of evaporated milk. Mix after adding about 1/2 can at a time. Blend well on low speed.
5. Pour into pie shells.
6. Sprinkle top surface of each pie lightly with a dusting of cinnamon.
7. Bake in a preheated 425 degree over for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake another 45-50 minutes. Insert sharp knife near the center to test for doneness. Cool for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve topped with whipped cream.
It's so delicious and would be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. What is your favorite kind of pie?
photo via pinterest