Are you looking for a festive and easy holiday gift? I love to make cranberry popcorn. Cranberries are the perfect food to transition to the holiday season. It's so sweet, delicious, and pretty. Add a preppy touch to your popcorn with these pink and green goodies that make a pretty preppy Christmas gift.
Here's my recipe for Cranberry Popcorn:
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 tbsp corn syrup
* 1/2 cup sugar
* Cranberry Jello (it's worth it to find the cranberry Jello, even if you have to search for it!)
* 8 cups popcorn (already popped)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, melt the butter with the corn syrup. Add the sugar and Jello and stir until it boils.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Pour the sauce over the popcorn, making sure to coat the popcorn evenly.
To make popcorn to have at home for holiday parties and snacks...
5. Place the popcorn on a lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees.
6. Cool and store in an airtight container.
To make popcorn balls for gifts...
5. Shape the covered popcorn into balls, using a little butter on my hands to prevent sticking.
6. Place a craft stick in the popcorn ball until it's about half way in the ball.
7. Put the popcorn ball in a preppy green cupcake liner. I saw some pretty gingham, polka dot, and solid cupcake liners at Michael's this weekend that are perfect for this. Wrap in a cellophane bag and tie a ribbon to close it.