You already know how much I love Mod Podge. Remember my Halloween pumpkins? So it was an easy decision to add to my collection of handmade holiday crafts in the pink and green theme. These pretty pink and green ornaments are easy and inexpensive to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Clear plastic ornaments (from Joann's or AC Moore)
- Pretty decorative paper
- Mod Podge
- A brush for the Mod Podge
- German Glass Glitter
- Protective gloves
- Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish Spray
1. Pre-cut long skinny pointed oval shapes and attach to the clear plastic ornaments using the Mod Podge and brush, working your way around the ball. Little ones can help with this step to make things move along faster.
2. When the Mod Podge is still wet, carefully roll the ball in the German Glass Glitter. You will need to wear gloves when you are going this because it is real glass and you could get cut on the little pieces of glitter. I find that the end result is incredibly gorgeous and is worth the extra effort! Never sprinkle the glass glitter over the ornament because it will fly all over the place! I kept my gloves on my hands and rolled the ornaments in the glass while the girls worked primarily with the Mod Podge.
3. Spray the ornaments with one or two coats of the Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish Spray for a perfect finish and ornaments that will last for years.
I love these one of a kind ornaments because they are easy and inexpensive to make, but will last for many years.
Do you make any ornaments at your house?