Here are some thoughts about fashion after 40...
1. My style and taste remains very much the same it was a decade ago, except that the hemlines have gone down an inch or two.
2. It seems like some companies are targeting a younger and younger audience, but I have to wonder if this new target audience has the disposable income to spend $$$ on their styles.
3. I don't really care what anyone thinks anymore and am more willing to take a fashion risk. It's very refreshing.
4. Friends over 40 are honest. A decade ago, my friends told each other what they wanted to hear. Now, we're (brutally) honest, but we're also stronger than we used to be and are each others biggest champions. S/O to my peeps!
5. Chic knows no age limits.
Earlier this week, I styled my Charlene dress from Lilly Pulitzer in a different way that I loved. Paired with a yellow button down oxford shirt, the dress takes on twist and looks completely different than other ways that I have worn it. I completed the look with Frye boots and bracelets from knot:ical and Lilly Pulitzer.