I'm always looking for easy and delicious recipes, especially for summer events. I originally planned to make a strawberry lemonade cake in a Fleur de Lis Nordic Ware this weekend, but when I saw the fresh strawberries at the market, decided to change my recipe. And it's a good thing. The tart was a huge hit both at home and at the potluck dinner I attended.
Today, I'm going to share a delicious treat with you that is so easy! The cookie crust of this Strawberry Tart adds texture to the sweet filling.
|The tart is a perfect dessert to make ahead of time for parties.|
- Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough
- 8 oz. Whipped Cream Cheese
- A tub of Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
1. Prepare a baking pan with a small amount of cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Press the cookie dough into the pan. (You can see from the picture that my dough was not perfectly spread. No worries! It will work out perfectly and rise up about half an inch while it bakes.)
3. Bake the cookie dough for about 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. After the dough is completely cooled, you can add the filling.
5. Mix cream cheese, Cool Whip, sugar, and vanilla at a low speed on your mixer.
6. Add strawberries (or the fruit of your choice) and chill in the fridge.
|Cookie dough is ready to bake!|
|The whipped topping is light and fluffy on top of a cookie crust.|
|Enjoy the delicious seasonal fruit!|
|Ready to serve.|