For this delicious Mexican inspired recipe you'll need the following ingredients:
- chicken breasts (mine were frozen because I always buy the club packs)
- 1 bag of frozen onion, green pepper, and red pepper mix
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/2 jar of Lime Mango Salsa
1. Line the slow cooker with a slow cooker bag. The bags save clean up time and dishwasher space!
2. Add the chicken and vegetables.
3. Top with 1/2 jar of Lime Mango salsa.
4. Add 2 cups of fat free chicken broth.
5. Cook on low for 6-7 hours.
6. Shred chicken and use for tacos or salads.
I've experimented a little bit with other fresh salsas with great success. I'm kind of a salsa "snob" and usually prefer fresh salsa, but the lime mango is so delicious and different from other prepackaged salsas. On this particular day, I used the shredded chicken to make a taco salad, but have also added this chicken to tortilla soup and have served it with rice and beans. The possibilities are endless.
What are some of your favorite slow cooker recipes?