This week has been a week of anticipation, for spring, for spring break, for Easter, and for so many other things.
Here are five things that I am loving this week:
1. Basketball: One sure way to entice me to watch multiple basketball games is to give me a horse in the race. That's exactly what John did earlier this month. He started asking me to choose between several teams and before I knew what was happening, I was completing a bracket. My competitive nature always wins and I'm now slightly obsessed with watching, checking, and updating my bracket. So far, my final four teams are still in the mix and I was in 9th place at one point in the work pool.
2. Easter Candy: Whether it's Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Valentine's Day, I savor the seasonal array of candy. But Easter candy has a special place in my heart. It's the only holiday when I usually would get mostly candy as a gift. I especially prized the solid chocolates and peanut butter eggs. Now that my tastes have (slightly) matured, I secretly hope that the Easter bunny puts these chocolate hens from Laduree in my basket this year.
3. Perfect Skin with SPF: Although I rarely wear makeup, I love products that do double duty. Naked Skin Beauty Balm blurs imperfections while providing SPF 20 protection. It smells delicious and feels so light on my skin. I apply the product with the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush, which works much better than a sponge and a million times better than the streaks that my fingers leave.
4. Lilly Pulitzer for Target Collection: Did you see the preview on the Today show yesterday? I'm even more excited for the release of this collection now that I've seen more of the items that will be available for sale. The home goods look fantastic. I especially love the drink stirrers, pillows, and everything with a pineapple or elephant on it. You can see a preview in the Look Book here.
5. My Daughters: To anyone who knows me, my love for my daughters radiates constantly in everything that I do. For so many reasons this week that are difficult to put in words, I just want to hug them and tell Natalia and Alexia how much I love them. They are my world. I'm looking forward to spending time with them next week on vacation.