1. Airport Lounges: Thank goodness for airport lounges. On the way to Mexico, we boarded our flight and were preparing for departure. I had put up the carry-on bag and had my seat belt buckled when the flight attendant announced that we had to "de-plane." As it turned out, we didn't have pilots for the flight and were delayed for over an hour. Luckily we could relax for a bit in the airport lounge. Snacks and Diet Cokes eased the wait and I didn't have to worry about leaving my bag to get something to eat.
2. Mexican Food: It's a good thing that I'm walking a lot here in Mexico, because I'm eating so well! Every meal is truly a treat and I'm enjoying every bite. Natalia and Alexia have tried so many new things, too. Look at these fajitas that I had for lunch...the peppers were so incredibly sweet. I especially enjoyed the freshly handmade corn tortillas that accompanied this dish.
3. Chinoiserie: If you've ever been to Mexico, you've probably been to a Sanborns. It everything in one stop; a restaurant, pharmacy, and department store. A hidden gem on the menu is the "Sopa Especial Sanborns." The hearty chicken rice soup makes a nice meal when paired with the delicious bread at the restaurant. I especially love the plates at Sanborns...blue and white chinoiserie!
4. Online Sales: Even though I'm away from home, my phone buzzes with sale alerts and deals. I spotted a BUNCH of Lilly Pulitzer that is already reduced with an extra 40% off the marked down price. Use the code FRIENDS. My favorites are the Silk Dusk Maxi Dress and the Deanna Maxi Dress. There are quite a few other pieces that are included in this special deal. See all of them and treat yourself.
5. Adventure: Although I lived in Mexico for almost 12 years, I've only been to the pyramids of Teotihuacan several times, usually when someone came to visit! It's a must-see for visitors, so the girls and I made the easy day trip from Mexico City today. Today is one of those days that I wish that I had a Fitbit, because we walked so much! The climb to the top is much more difficult than it looks because so many of the steps are steep and narrow. At several points, I was climbing sideways! But the effort was so worth it because we were rewarded with an incredible view from the top of the pyramid. We're on the way down the pyramid in this picture...that's why we're smiling.
Have a wonderful day!