1. #LillyforTarget: It's almost a week A.T., After Target and the #LillyforTarget sale last weekend, things are getting back to normal although I still check my Target store almost daily for returns. So far, I have not found any traces of Lilly anywhere in the store except for hammock stands or umbrella stands. If you're in the market for those, I know where you can buy a bunch. A quick look at eBay, Facebook, or Instagram reveals thousands of items for sale, but finding pictures of Target for Lilly worn by a real person is much more difficult. The maxi dress sat at the top of my wish list, so I wore it almost immediately after buying it. The fabric is comparable to Marlisa dresses that I have from other seasons; it may be a little bit more substantial that Lilly Pulitzer. The bodice is lined and the fit is figure flattering. Perfection.
2. Spring? Although I appreciate the beauty of spring and the change of seasons, I admit that I am quite jealous of my southern neighbors whose shorts are on full rotation in the wardrobe. A freeze watch overnight threatens beautiful spring flowers, but luckily these tulips stand up to cold temperatures with strength. Reluctantly, I turned on the heat for what I hope will be the last time this year.
3. Rocksbox: Every month I eagerly await my new Rocksbox. This month's box was a special treat because my stylist Amanda included two statement necklaces. She wrote a note to me, "I made sure to send you two statement necklaces from your wish list since you love them so much!" She knows me well! I love everything that she sent. Get your first month for free with the code marylandpinkandgreenxoxo.
4. Spring Friends and Family Sales: As if I didn't have enough shopping temptations the past week, so many stores are having friends and family sales now.
At Saks Fifth Avenue, get 30% off with the code FRNFAM including some newly released Lilly Pulitzer.
Nordstrom matches competitors' pricing online, too, which is always a bonus.
5. Enchilada Bake: I love to experiment with new dishes in the kitchen. An enchilada bake that I made earlier this week smelled and tasted amazing. The girls and John asked me to make this again soon. It's so easy that I may honor their request sooner than they think. The simple dish takes less than an hour to prepare. The ground beef blends perfectly with the tomatillo and onion sauce.
|Before and after baking at 350 degrees for 30 minutes|